How To…Add Volume to Your Hair
Lack of volume is the #5 global hair concern. Fortunately, with the right product and technique, you can add great volume to your hair.
Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep is made of organic acacia gum and aloe, a naturally derived hair thickening agent that helps to volumize hair. It also includes palm, corn and coconut oil to weightlessly condition and detangle hair, and morikue and wheat protein to strengthen hair to prevent breakage. Wheat protein also provides thermal protection to prevent damage from heat styling.
With Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep, your XEX stylist can amp up your style with three different volumizing looks that feature products and tools for extreme volume.
This look is perfect for guests who want to achieve volume focused at the root with minimal styling effort.
- Comb web hair with a wide tooth comb. Spray on Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep.
- Blow dry until hair is 50% dry. Give hair direction by holding it with your hands as you dry.
- Puff Aveda Pure Abundance Hair Potion at the roots. Massage in with your fingers to activate. Second hair and round-brush as you finish blow drying.
- Finger-style and finish with Aveda Pure Abundance Volumizing Hair Spray for a great tousled look.
This look is designed for the guest who wants to create texture and volume.
- Spray on both Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep and Volumizing Tonic for fullness and hold. Comb through hair to distribute evenly. Finish by making a middle part.
- Blow dry until hair is 90% dry. Then take small sections of hair, twist, wrap around fingers and pin in place to set the curls. Repeat until all hair is set.
- Bow dry using the diffuser attachment. Allow hair to cool completely, and then unclip the curls..
- Finger-style and finish with Aveda Air Control Hair Spray.
This look helps guests achieve maximum volume at the crown while maintaining a smooth style. The secret lies within this technique…Product + Technique = Results with this voluminous look.
- Spray on Aveda Pure Abundance Style Prep. Smooth hair with a paddle brush as you blow dry. Stop when hair is 90% dry.
- Add a layer of Aveda Volumizing Tonic for extra hold and control. Comb through to distribute evenly.
- Section off top layers of hair to keep them out of the way as you texturize the under-layers with a crimping iron. Comb out crimped sections to create fullness.
- Take down your top layer, brush to style and secure with a pin. Finger-style and finish with Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray.
On shampoo days, after cleansing with Aveda Pure Abundance shampoo, spray Style Prep liberally onto towel-dried hair and comb through. Blow dry.
On non-shampoo days, spray liberally onto dry hair and comb through. Style as desired.