Did you know there are actually techniques that work better than others for washing your hair? While shampooing and conditioning your hair isn’t necessarily rocket science, there are some things you could do to help to improve the effectiveness of shampoo/conditioner and to keep your hair healthy.
Here are a few:
1. Rinse your hair thoroughly before applying shampoo. Saturate it. Then be sure you completely rinse it out the shampoo/conditioner.
2. Rub a dime-to-quarter size dab of shampoo in your palm and add a splash of water before applying it to your hair.
3. When applying, start at the crown then move down to your neck and along the hairline. If you have long hair, don’t forget to apply to the underside of your hair in the back.
4. For those with long hair, avoid piling strands of hair on top of your head. It can create tangles and knots.
5. Use your fingertips to massage your scalp. Be gentle with your hair.
6. Unless your hair is really dirty, lather, rinse and repeat isn’t necessary. Once should be enough.
7. Shampooing your hair twice a week should be enough. Shampooing it ever day can remove the oils on your scalp that are good for your hair.
We love Aveda products and sell their entire line of hair care products at XEX.