Ponytails For All Occasions
Ponytails can be worn many, many ways. While you may think of them as the quick and easy go-to for the gym or a casual hang out with friends, an elegant ponytail style can make for the perfect look for more formal occasions. We’ve seen elegant ponytails lately on Kate Middleton, Beyonce, Jessica Alba and others.
Below are some ideas for ways to dress up your ponytail.
- Give your ponytail curls. Use a 1 1/2 inch curling iron to get a great curl. Start the ponytail high for a more dramatic effect.
- Front layers. Let some of your front layers be loose instead of pulling it all back.
- Wear it low. Pull your hair into a low ponytail at the nape of your neck. Adding some smoothing cream will help to keep it neat.
- Add some volume to the top. Use a rattail comb and tease the top to give it some volume.
- Side ponytail with a part. Side ponytails are a great variation. Give the top a deep part on the other side for a strong look.
- Add some texture. If your hair has natural texture, go with it. If you have straight hair, add some texture for a loose, sexy look.
- Extensions. Is your hair not quite long enough to get the ponytail look you’re after? Add extensions!