Guidelines for Donating Your Hair to Locks of Love
Over the past few years, XEX has worked with Locks of Love to help provide hair to disadvantaged children suffering from medical hair loss. If your hair fits their guidelines, we can donate it for you after your haircut.
It takes up to ten ponytails to create one hair piece for a child in need. Your hair donation can really help!
Below are the guidelines that are relevant to our clients for donating hair to Locks of Love. If you’re unsure if your hair is usable, simply ask your XEX stylist before your haircut.
- Hair that is colored or permed is acceptable. Locks of Love can use colored hair that has been bleached first.
- Hair cut years ago is usable if it has been stored in a ponytail or braid.
- Hair that has been bleached (usually this refers to highlighted hair) is not usable. If unsure, ask your XEX stylist. If the hair was bleached years ago and has completely grown out it is fine to donate.
- Locks of Love cannot accept dreadlocks, wigs, falls, hair extensions or synthetic hair.
- Layered hair is acceptable if the longest layer is 10 inches.
- Curly hair may be pulled straight to measure the minimum 10 inches.
- 10 inches measured tip to tip is the minimum length needed for a hairpiece.
Learn more about Locks of Love at locksoflove.org.